Celebrated as the Sunflower painter, Jake Goh’s heart and soul can be found within the strokes of his brushes that have created astounding art from impressionism, impasto to abstract paintings.
Attention to nature’s details and everything around him coupled with insights from journeys around Malaysia have inspired his many bold and unique paintings which you may have come across at
- Balai Berita, Jalan Riong in 2005, (Solo Exhibition, The Entrance)
- Mid Valley Megamall in 2009 (Life Painting Exhibition)
- Malaysia International Dive Exhibition in 2010, Guest of Honor Seri Paduka Baginda Yang Di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Mirzan & Seri Paduka Baginda Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Nur Zahirah
- Alice Smith International School in 2010, (Art Action Charity Auction)
- Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur in 2011, (A Pink Jazz Affair Fund Raising Event)
- KLPAC in 2013, Sunflowers by Jake Goh
- Luther House, PJ in 2017 (Christian Spiritual Painting Exhibition)
More than just a passion, he also channels his energy into his artwork to lift the spirits of sick children in hospitals by igniting hope in their hearts for a better health and future with The National Cancer Society of Malaysia (NCSM) and other non-governmental organizations.
In an interview with The Expat, he speaks about his artistic drive and individuality;
“To confine myself to the norm, it’s like putting myself into a cage and living in moderate comfort. Therefore, many artists are not willing to take the challenge of change and if that’s so, then I believe they are in the wrong profession. I need to have some fire of passion burning inside which is the core driving power that keeps me going. I need challenges in my life in order to slap the face of reality. I need to stand on my own to see that life is indeed full of adventures and rewards. If I were to let go of this, I would not be an artist today.” –Jake Goh