- High on MCTs
- High on Lauric Acid
- High Smoke Point
- Superior Processing Method : Improved Centrifugal Process
- Guaranteed Zero Heat
- Non Genetically Modified (NON-GMO)
- 100% Wet-milling, highest levels of anti-oxidants
- No chemical solvents used in processing
- No hydrogenation or trans fats
- No Refining
- Low Glycemic Index (Low GI food)
- Made from fresh Organic Coconuts
- It is a natural coolant.
- It takes relatively long time to undergo digestion.
- Improves hair quality and strength. Promotes hair growth.
- It is a natural aphrodisiac
- Nourishes the under-nourished body tissues
- Useful in the treatment of certain diseases like emaciation, debility, respiratory conditions, diabetes, urinary system disorders.
Coconut oil for skin: Quickens wound healing and helps in filling up of skin depression in wounds.
Extra virgin coconut oil is comprised of medium chain triglycerides, or MCTs, that you could say are the most recognized ingredients of plant based saturated fats. The most recognizable of all the MCTs is lauric acid. Besides extra virgin coconut oil, lauric acid is found in breast milk. Rich in antioxidants, lauric acid and other MCTs, may help the body absorb important nutrients and minerals, eliminate harmful bacteria, and fight the signs of aging.
Professional athletes have long been using coconut oil as fuel to build lean muscle. Adding coconut oil to a smoothie, can increase your feeling of fullness and satiety for longer periods of time. Mediterranean diets receive lots of attention for the connection between health and the use of olive oil. In tropical countries where coconut oil has been consumed daily for hundreds of years, similar reports of overall health are beginning to be reported as well.
Lastly, scientific research is further looking into the connection between extra virgin coconut oil and brain function. Over time, glucose inhibitors can limit the amount of energy to the brain, causing a decrease in cognitive function. Consuming regular amounts of coconut oil however, can lead to ketone production, and the brain uses ketones as energy when glucose is not present, helping restore brain activity.
Coconut oil is new to many people but it is much like olive oil. Extra virgin coconut oil is extracted from the meat on the insides of the coconut through a cold-expeller press. The coconut oil is a stark, bright white color and has a fresh coconut smell. The taste profile of coconut oil is light and sweet, with subtle hints of actual coconut. The flavor is wonderfully versatile in both savory and sweet dishes. What surprises most people is that coconut oil can change between a liquid and solid state very easily. Whenever the temperature is above 76 degrees Fahrenheit, coconut oil will be liquid. Below 76, coconut oil is a solid. Coconut oil differs from olive oil, in that most of the fats in coconut oil are saturated fats, such as lauric acid, but coconut oil benefits from not having trans fat or cholesterol.